'Predators' Concept Art by Alex Toader

A few weeks back I posted some of the original Predator designs by Stan Winston. Now I'm posting designs from the Robert Rodriguez Predators (2010).


The professional concept artist Alex Toader (Sin City, Spy Kids) posted some art on his blog and I thought I'd share some of them.

Check out the rest after the jump and click to enlarge



















"I am posting some art I did for Predators, stuff from very early on and some final comps. We had less than 8 weeks to come up with designs for the new clan of Predators.

"KNB (KNB EFx Group) had to build them at the same time so we had to give them designs as we got them approved from the suits to the shoulder weapons. At the same time Steve and Caylah (the production designers) had the art dept. humming on environments and locations...they also designed the center piece of the movie the Predator Camp, which turned out unbelievable!"

Official Synopsis
PREDATORS, a bold new chapter in the Predator universe, shot under the creative auspices of Robert Rodriguez, stars Adrien Brody as Royce, a mercenary who reluctantly leads a group of elite warriors who come to realize they’ve been brought together on an alien planet… as prey. With the notable exception of a disgraced physician, they are all cold-blooded killers – mercenaries, Yakuza, convicts, death squad members – human “predators” that are now being systemically hunted and eliminated by a new breed of Predator.
Director: Nimród Antal
Writers: Alex Litvak &
Michael Finch
Starring: Adrien Brody, Laurence Fishburne, Topher Grace, Alice Braga
Production Design by Caylah Eddleblute, Steve Joyner
Cinematography by Gyula Pados

See more of Alex Toader portfolio at http://art-of-alextoader.blogspot.com

What do you think of the illustrations?

@ Copyright 2010. All rights reserved

Comments

  1. I love that ship model. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I want some of those models as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was more than happy to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for your
    time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every bit of it
    and I have you saved to fav to look at new things in your site.
    my website > adams business Forms

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment